Grilled Mushroom Medley Pizzas
Shiitake, white button and oyster mushrooms top these delicious grilled pizzas
with a Mediterranean flavor.
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced)
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Flatout Wraps
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill.
- While grill heats, toss mushrooms, onions and grape tomatoes with olive
oil; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill vegetables in one layer in a grill basket, in batches if necessary.
Cook until underside of mushrooms are deep brown, about 6 to 10 minutes; turn
and grill other side till a similar color is achieved, another 6 to 10 minutes.
Cooking times may vary.
- While vegetables are grilling, assemble pizzas; grill Flatout Wraps for
1 minute on each side, then top with arugula, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and
Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 portions
If a grill basket is not available, layer several sheets of foil together and
fold up sides to make a shallow pan, or use a disposable foil pan. Add a single
layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms
become red-brown on one side. Flip mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes more, until
other side is same color.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Mushroom Council and Flatout Wraps
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.