Grilled Mushroom Medley Pizzas
Shiitake, white button and oyster mushrooms top these delicious grilled pizzas
with a Mediterranean flavor.
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced)
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Flatout Wraps
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill.
- While grill heats, toss mushrooms, onions and grape tomatoes with olive
oil; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill vegetables in one layer in a grill basket, in batches if necessary.
Cook until underside of mushrooms are deep brown, about 6 to 10 minutes; turn
and grill other side till a similar color is achieved, another 6 to 10 minutes.
Cooking times may vary.
- While vegetables are grilling, assemble pizzas; grill Flatout Wraps for
1 minute on each side, then top with arugula, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and
Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 portions
If a grill basket is not available, layer several sheets of foil together and
fold up sides to make a shallow pan, or use a disposable foil pan. Add a single
layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms
become red-brown on one side. Flip mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes more, until
other side is same color.
Reprinted with permission from the Mushroom Council and Flatout Wraps.