American Pride Pork Chops
- 4 (1 inch thick) bone-in loin pork chops
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper, allspice and thyme leaves in a small bowl. Rub both sides of pork chops with herb mixture. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes. Discard any remaining herb mixture.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Pat pork chops dry while being careful not to remove the rub. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium doneness or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Insert the meat thermometer into the pork chops horizontally to get an accurate reading.
- Serve with baked potato or mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
From the Loren Keppy family