Black Pepper Chops with Molasses Butter
There’s almost nothing to compare to the aroma of pork on the grill; and these chops live up to that taste memory. The molasses butter adds an unexpected and pleasant flavor punch to chops hot-off-the-grill.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Stir together butter, molasses and lemon juice with a fork. Cover and refrigerate.
- Rub chops on both sides evenly with pepper. Grill chops over medium hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Top each chop with molasses butter.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board