Caribbean Grilled Pork with Tropical Salsa
This tangy, sunny dish will help you feel that summer is just around the corner.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- (about 2 cups 500mL)
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced 30 mL
- Juice of half a fresh lime
- 1/2 tablespoon sucralose brown sugar blend 7 mL
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 10 mL
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger, 10 mL
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin 10 mL
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander 10 mL
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric 2 mL
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, 30 mL (plus more to oil the grill)
- 6 pork loin chops
- Make salsa by combining pineapple, orange, cilantro and lime juice in bowl. Set
aside. Can be prepped up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- Make rub for pork chops: In small bowl, combine brown sugar blend, garlic, ginger,
cumin, coriander and turmeric. Do not omit turmeric as it lends a lovely yellow
hue to this dish.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with canola oil and apply rub to both sides.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high. Place pork chops on grill for about 5 minutes
per side or until cooked to internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Serve each chop accompanied with 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa.
Yield: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 pork chop and 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Calories 210 Total Fat 10 g Saturated Fat
2 g Cholesterol 50 mg Carbohydrates 10 g Fiber 2 g Sugars8 g Protein 9 g Sodium
65 mg Potassium 376 mg
Recipe and photo credit: CanolaInfo.org