- 1 (10 to 12 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 6 (1-inch thick) boneless pork loin chops
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan, combine preserves, onion, chili sauce, brown sugar,
garlic and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Rub both sides of pork chops with vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chops on grill over medium-high heat. Close cover and grill until
browned on bottom side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn chops; spread sauce over chops.
- Grill until internal temperature is 150 degrees F, about 4 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce.