Chipotle-Lime Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
Bring the flavor of the Southwest to your grill with these chops.
- 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped, OR 1 dried chipotle chile, rehydrated* and minced **
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
* To rehydrate, cover chile with hot water for 10 minutes, let stand at room temperature. Drain and use as directed. Seed chile, if desired, to reduce piquancy a bit. Always wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles.
- Place chops in a large self-sealing plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade (discarding marinade) and grill over medium-hot coals for a total of 12-16 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 15 min | Servings: 4
Nutritional Information: Calories: 290 calories Protein: 39 grams Fat: 14 grams Sodium: 370 milligrams Cholesterol: 105 milligrams Saturated Fat: 2 grams Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board