Classic Grilled Pepperoni, Mushroom and Mozzarella Pizza
- 1/4 cup cornmeal or all-purpose flour, for rolling dough
- 1 (4-inch) ball prepared dough, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or "fresh-cut" Italian-style canned tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, sliced thin
- 8 white mushrooms, sliced, sauteed if desired
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with cornmeal or the flour. Place dough directly
in the middle of the work surface. Roll out gently into either a 12-inch rectangle
or circle 1/4-inch thick. Brush both sides with olive oil and set aside until
ready to grill.
- Gently place dough in center of the cooking grate, directly over the heat
for 2-4 minutes, until the bottom of the crust is well marked and browned.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle the tomatoes, then pepperoni and mushrooms
on the cooked side of crust. Top with mozzarella and dried oregano. If using
a gas grill, switch to indirect heat.
- Return pizza to the center of the cooking grate and cook with the lid closed
until bottom is browned, toppings are warm and cheese is bubbly, about 5-10
- Remove from grill and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice and serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.