Curried Pork Kebabs
These curry-kissed kabobs are great hot off the grill, served with a cucumber vinaigrette salad and hot white rice tossed with some chopped cilantro.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- For marinade, stir together yogurt, orange juice and seasonings in a medium bowl. Blend well.
- Add pork cubes to bowl; stir to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade; lightly pat dry with paper towels.
- Thread pork evenly on skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals, turning frequently, for about 10 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: 321 calories, 35 grams protein, 6 grams carbohydrates, 17 grams fat, 77 mg cholesterol, 0.8 gram fiber, 414 mg sodium
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.