Eye-Opening Spicy Bloody Mary Ham Steaks
Grilled ham steaks are given the works with this spicy marinade. Serve with the Spicy Bloody Mary Salsa. Grill vegetables and a baked potato round out this flavor packed meal.
- 2 smoked bone-in ham center slices, each about 1 pound and 1/2-inch thick
- 2 1/2 cups extra-spicy bloody Mary mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together bloody Mary mix, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl. Set aside 3/4 cup bloody Mary marinade.
- Place ham slices in large, resealable bag. Pour remaining 1 3/4 cups bloody Mary marinade over ham; close bag to seal. Turn bag to evenly coat ham with bloody Mary marinade; place in baking dish. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove ham from marinade; discard marinade from ham.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill ham, uncovered, over direct heat for 5–8 minutes or until heated through, turning ham slices over halfway during grilling and brushing often with 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade.
- Transfer ham to cutting board and cut into serving-size pieces.
- Serve with Spicy Bloody Mary Salsa.
Servings: 6 to 8 | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min
Nutrition: Calories: 234 calories Protein: 32 grams Fat: 8 grams Sodium: 1594 milligrams Cholesterol: 80 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 6 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board