Fajitas on a Stick
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, each cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 medium onions, each cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- Prepared salsa
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in enough water to cover for 10 minutes;
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips.
Thread an equal amount of beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- In small bowl, combine dressing and lime juice, mixing well; brush onto
beef, peppers and onions.
- Place vegetables on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill peppers uncovered
12 to 15 minutes and onions 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning both once.
- Approximately 10 minutes before vegetables are done, move vegetables to
outer edge of grid. Place beef in center of grid; grill 8 to 10 minutes for
medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Season beef with salt, as desired; remove beef from skewers.
- Serve beef and vegetables in tortillas with salsa.