Fiery Island Pineapple Pork Chops
Add tropical flair to the family dinner table with Fiery Island Pineapple Pork Chops. These chops are sure to entice your family's appetite.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1/3 cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 slices fresh pineapple (cored, 1/2-inch thick) OR canned pineapple rings
- Coat chops with jerk seasoning; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave jelly, pineapple juice and ginger on HIGH for 30 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Grill pork over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Baste frequently with glaze. During last 3 minutes of grilling time, place pineapple rings on the grill. Baste with jelly mixture. Grill pineapple until heated through.
- Serve pork chops with pineapple.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Servings: 4
Nutritional Information: Calories: 245 calories Protein: 28 grams Fat: 5 grams Sodium: 523 milligrams Cholesterol: 72 milligrams Saturated Fat: 1 grams Carbohydrates: 25 grams Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board