Ginger, Soy and Sherry Soaked Pork Steak
Give pork steaks a kick of flavor with this marinade. Serve with your favorite
potato salad and grilled fresh vegetables.
- 6 pork steaks (blade steaks)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, ketchup, orange juice, sesame oil
and honey; mix well. Reserve half of marinade in small container in refrigerator
until cooking time.
- Cover pork steaks with remaining marinade and allow to marinate for several hours
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard used marinade.
- Prepare medium hot fire and grill steaks over indirect heat, 6-8 minutes per
side. Baste pork steaks with reserved marinade while grilling.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min | Marinating Time: 8 hr
Calories: 450 calories Protein: 49 grams Fat: 23 grams Sodium: 460 milligrams
Cholesterol: 170 milligrams Saturated Fat: 8 grams Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com