Glazed Barbecued Pig Tails
- 2 dozen pig's tails
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and finely-ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut tails into 3-inch pieces. Place on rack and bake at 300 degree F oven
for 2 to 3 hours, until meat is tender and most of the fat has baked off.
- Combine all other ingredients for barbecue sauce, coating tails well.
- Grill over hot charcoal, turning and basting until crisp. If fresh rosemary
is available, break off several branches, tie them together and use as a basting
brush. For barbecuing, some prefer to leave tails uncut or halved so as to have
fewer pieces to constantly turn.
- Serve with traditional barbecue accompaniments such as corn-on-the-cob,
French bread and green salad.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Pork Recipes