Grilled Cheese and Bacon
Mini Meat Loaves
Love meat loaf? Make it on the grill for a summertime treat!
- 1 pound extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 slices center-cut bacon (about 3 1/2 ounces), cut crosswise in half
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for indirect cooking as directed by manufacturer.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix all ingredients except bacon. On work surface,
pat mixture into 7-inch square. Cut into 4 (3 1/2-inch) squares. Top each square
with 2 half-slices bacon; attach with toothpicks.
- Carefully spray grill rack with cooking spray. Place patties on unheated side
of two-burner gas grill or over drip pan on charcoal grill (medium heat). (If using
one-burner gas grill, cook over low heat.) Cover grill; cook for 20 to 25 minutes
or until slightly pink in center.
- Using spatula, turn patties over. Cover grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes longer or
until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160 degrees F and bacon
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
Prep time: 55 Min | Servings: 4
Use Italian-style bread crumbs for a different flavor. You could also use pizza
or spaghetti sauce for the ketchup.
Center-cut bacon has had the fatty ends cut off. You can use slices of regular
bacon--just trim about 3/4 inch off of each end. The half-strips should just cover
the surface of each beef square.
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 320 ( Calories from Fat 160), Total
Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 140mg Sodium 880mg Total
Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 4g), Protein 30g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A6%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium10%; Iron15%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker.