Grilled Ham Steaks with Peach Salsa
Ham steaks are quick on the grill. Serve with grilled vegetable kabobs andGrilled New Potato Salad with Bacon and Scallions.
- 4 ham steaks, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup peaches, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, OR seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno chile, minced
- Combine the peaches, tomatoes, vinegar, thyme and jalapeno pepper in a small
bowl. Season with salt. Chill until needed.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium
high. Grill ham over hot coals, turning once, until nicely browned, about 6
to 8 minutes.
- Serve with peach salsa.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Servings: 4
For the salsa, balsamic vinegar is preferred but it changes the color of the
sauce. White balsamic can be used or the seasoned rice vinegar.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 90 calories Protein: 12 grams Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 730 milligrams Cholesterol: 25 milligrams Saturated Fat: 1 gram Carbohydrates:
5 grams Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com