Grilled Pork Chops with Basil-Garlic Rub
Top the chop with shavings of Parmesan cheese (shave from a wedge of cheese with
a vegetable peeler) and toasted pine nuts, if desired. Serve with slices of ripe
tomatoes and mozzarella on a bed of arugula drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive
oil or with the Basil-Garlic Rub.
- 4 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor to mince.
Stop, add fresh basil, and process until chopped.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and process to make thin wet rub.
- Spread both sides of pork chops with basil mixture. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush the grate clean and oil the grate.
- Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness, 5 to 6
minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, followed
by a 3-minute rest time.
Prep Time 30 min | Cook Time 10 min | Serves 4
Nutritional information: Calories: 210 calories Protein: 27 grams Fat: 14
grams Sodium: 620 milligrams Cholesterol: 60 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates:
3 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com