Grilled Ribeye Chops with Mole Sauce
This recipe works well with any chop, bone-in or boneless, but increase the cooking
time for the bone-in chops to about 4 minutes per side. The spicy Mexican-inspired
sauce gives the chops a rich flavor, perfect alongside a rice mix and grilled corn
on the cob.
- 4 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oil for the grill
- In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, cocoa, garlic salt, cinnamon and cayenne
pepper. Add water and stir until smooth.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill. Lightly oil the grill. Place chops directly
over heat until underside is seared, about 3 minutes.
- Turn chops over; brush other side with mixture. Grill until the internal temperature
of the pork on a meat thermometer measures between 145 degrees F. (medium rare)
and 160 degrees F. (medium), about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from grill and let rest 3 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min | Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information Calories: 140 calories Protein: 19 grams Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 140 milligrams Cholesterol: 50 milligrams Saturated Fat: 2 grams Carbohydrates:
1 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com