Grilled Ribeye Pork Chops with Easy Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 4 ribeye (rib) pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for brushing grill grate
Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat the grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil.
- Season the chops with a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place pork on the grill for 8-9 minutes, turning once halfway through, until
cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove pork from the grill, tent it with foil; let it rest for 3 minutes.
- To make the mashed potatoes, add potatoes to a pot with water, over high heat
and boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the heavy cream. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Stir
in the chopped chives, salt and pepper.
- To make the Spicy BBQ Sauce, heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté the
onion until soft and add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar and cayenne.
Simmer for 15 minutes so the sauce thickens and turn off heat.
- Once cooled, puree the sauce in a blender.
- Serve the chops alongside the potatoes and a spoonful of BBQ sauce.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Servings: 4
1 serving: 1 chop, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons sauce
* Oil is not included in the nutritional value since it’s for brushing the grill,
vs. the chops
To give the potatoes a bit of extra decadence, without the work, incorporate
a small spoonful of mascarpone or cream cheese for a creamy finish.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 330 calories Protein: 65 grams Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 270 milligrams Cholesterol: 65 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates:
38 grams Fiber: 2 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com