Honey-Grilled Pork Loin
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Trim fat from roast. Butterfly roast by making a lengthwise cut, cutting to within 1/2 inch of other side, and open roast. Place in a shallow dish or large, heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger and garlic; pour over roast. Cover or seal, and refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast, discarding marinade; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and sesame oil in a saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray; place over medium-hot coals (350 degrees F to 400 degrees F).
- Place roast on rack; brush with mixture. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F, turning twice and basting frequently.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.