Honey-Pecan Pork Cutlets
- 1 pound boneless loin roast, sliced into 4 equal pieces, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup melon (cantaloupe or honeydew), pureed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 (1/2-inch thick) slices cantaloupe or honeydew, peeled
- In small saucepan, combine pureed melon, honey, lime juice, butter and curry
powder. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat. Brush chop surfaces with sauce.
- Beat together cream cheese, milk and some of the sauce until smooth and of desired
- In a covered grill, over indirect heat, grill chops, basting often with sauce
and turning once, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- Brush melon slices with remaining sauce and grill directly over coals, about
2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a chop on a slice of melon, garnish with a dollop of cream cheese
mixture and dust lightly with nutmeg.