Honey Pork Tenderloin Kabobs
Give your grill a new thrill with these spiked kabobs. Serve with favorite potato
salad, grilled corn on the cob and cold melon for dessert.
- 1/2 cup bourbon * OR 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 4 medium ripe peaches, unpeeled, pitted and quartered
- 4 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 two-inch pieces
- 8 yellow onion, each cut into 4 two-inch pieces
- Olive oil, for grilling
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well and set glaze aside.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender. Thread 3 sweet potato cubes,
3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, 4 green pepper pieces and 4 onion pieces alternately
onto each of eight 10-inch skewers. Brush kabobs with honey glaze mixture.
- Lightly oil grill. Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes on each side or
until thoroughly heated, basting occasionally with glaze.
Yield: 4 servings
* Bourbon is optional, can substitute 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Nutrition: Calories: 640 calories Protein: 42 grams Fat: 12 grams Sodium:
290 milligrams Cholesterol: 110 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com