Pina Colada Pork Chops
A taste of the tropics. These quick-marinated chops have the taste of the popular
drink. Serve with rice pilaf and steamed sugar peas.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops, 1 to 1 1/2-pounds
- 3 limes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 scallions, minced for garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced for garnish (optional)
- Marinate the pork in juice of one lime while you prepare a medium-hot fire (5-8
- Grill chops over indirect heat, about 6-8 minutes per side until internal temperature
on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Warm coconut milk over low heat; season with salt and a pinch of cayenne.
- Add juice of second lime to sauce.
- Transfer chops to platter when done. Spoon sauce over chops. Garnish with scallions
(and cilantro) and sprinkle with juice from third lime.
- Serve with rice and remaining sauce.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4
Nutrition information: Calories: 213 calories Protein: 23 grams Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 53 milligrams Cholesterol: 57 milligrams Saturated Fat: 7 grams Carbohydrates:
5 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com