Sweet Fire Porterhouse Pork Chops
Enjoy these pork chops with mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed green beans.
- 4 Porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a small bowl, stir oil, ground chipotle, salt, orange zest and garlic together
into a paste. Using a rubber spatula, spread chipotle mixture over both sides of
pork. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill.
- Place chops on grill and close lid. Grill over direct heat, turning once, about
4-5 minutes per side, until the internal temperature of the pork on a meat thermometer
measures between 145 degrees F (medium rare) and 160 degrees F (medium). During
the last 2 minutes, brush chops on both sides with honey.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 3 minutes.
Prep time 5 min | Cook time 10 min | Serves 4
* You can substitute another smoked chile powder per heat preference.
Nutritional information: Calories: 380 calories Protein: 39 grams Fat: 14
grams Sodium: 830 milligrams Cholesterol: 125 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Pork Recipes