Barbecued Lemon Chicken Delish
- 3 roasting or broiling chickens
- 1 cup salad oil
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed sweet basil
- 2 teaspoons crushed thyme
- Have butcher split chickens and remove wings, backbone and tail. Clean well and place in a shallow pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour into jar. Cover and shake well to blend. Pour over chicken; cover tightly. Marinate overnight in refrigerator, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove to room temperature 1 hour before grilling.
- Grill chicken over hot coals for 15 to 20 minutes on each side, basting often with marinade.
Serving size: 12
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/25/01 11:18:19 am.