Beer Can Chicken 2
This beautifully browned chicken looks like it just came off the rotisserie. A perfectly seasoned, moist and tender chicken awaits you and your family.
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning, divided OR McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- Preheat gas grill to medium heat (325 degrees F to 350 degrees F)*.
- Remove giblets from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry.
- Rub chicken with oil.
- Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the Chicken Seasoning.
- Sprinkle remaining Chicken Seasoning evenly over surface of chicken.
- Remove about 2 ounces beer and poke 2 holes in top of can.
- Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened beer can into cavity.
- Stand chicken in upright position in center of grill. Position legs to best support chicken (similar to a tripod). Close lid.
- Grill 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from can before serving.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
* For charcoal grill, use indirect medium heat.
Reprinted with permission from