Bundled Up Cornish Hens
Wrapping these Cornish hens in foil makes them juicy. Finishing them on the grill makes them crispy.
- 2 (1 pound) Cornish hens
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Wash the Cornish hens with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Split in half and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix well. Dip the hen halves into the mixture, coating evenly. Place 2 halves in a 20-inch long piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and the other 2 halves in another piece of foil. Pour the leftover mixture over the hens and wrap tightly.
- Place on a preheated barbecue grill over medium-high heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the hens from the foil and place on the grill, discarding any remaining liquid.
- Grill the hens for another 7 minutes per side, or until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear.
Yield: 4 servings