Chipotle Grilled Turkey Breast
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) bone-in turkey breast half
- Chipotle Sweet n' Spicy Marinade
Sweet n' Spicy Marinade
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup (maple-flavored syrup or honey can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can or jar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic peeled
- Turkey: Heat coals or gas grill for indirect heat.
- Tuck garlic cloves under skin of turkey.
- Make Sweet n' Spicy Marinade: Place all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender. Cover and process till smooth.
- Place turkey on grill; brush with marinade. Cover and grill turkey over drip pan and 5 to 6 inches from medium heat about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade, until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F and juice is no longer pink when center is cut.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Discard any remaining marinade.
My Notes: For the sauce - my chipotle in adobo was more of a sauce as opposed to chiles in sauce. I used 2 to 3 tablespoons. Also I used a boneless turkey breast and marinated it in this mix overnight. I kept the marinade, and boiled it to use as baste during grilling and as extra sauce for serving. I tucked the garlic cloves under the skin of the boneless breast and put it on the BBQ spit, basting once about halfway through cooking when I went to replenish coals and wood chips.
Posted by Becky/Colo at Recipe Goldmine on 9/16/2001 5:29 pm.
Recipe is from Betty Crocker Holiday, November 2000.