Chipotle Marinated Chicken
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 chipotle chiles, reconstituted and drained*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a food processor, process garlic until minced.
- Add chipotle chiles and process until minced.
- Add cilantro, honey, vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, cumin, and black pepper; process until smooth.
- Pour over chicken; cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight (chicken may be marinated in a zip-lock plastic bag as well).
- Heat grill and grill chicken over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center.
* To reconstitute chipotle chiles, simply cover them in boiling water and soak them for approximately 1 hour. If whole dried chipotles aren't available, 2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce or 2 teaspoon of ground chipotle powder may be substituted.