- 2 1/2 to 4 pounds cut-up chicken
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and ground
- To grind garlic and ginger easily, peel and chop coarsely.
- Put small amount of yogurt in blender, ad ginger and garlic. Puree until
- Add remaining yogurt and spices. Blend until mixed.
- Pour over chicken.
- Marinate in covered container overnight, 12 or 24 hours. Shake occasionally.
- Cook over hot coals on barbecue.
- Serve hot with lemon slices.