Grilled Chicken with Basil Butter
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for basil butter; blend well. Place on
sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill, or broiler. Press black pepper into one side
of each chicken breast half.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, basil and salt. Brush each breast
half with butter mixture; place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout,
about 7 – 8 minutes per side.
- When chicken is done, place one breast half on each of four plates; top
with one fourth of the basil butter log.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 360 calories; 26 g fat; 16 g saturated
fat; 1 g carbohydrate
Recipe and photo credit: National Chicken Council