Grilled Chicken Breasts with Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dry white table wine or vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- While chicken breasts are grilling, prepare sauce.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter/margarine until onion is translucent (2
- Add pepper strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender crisp (about
- Meanwhile, measure into blender the cream cheese, sour cream and wine.
- Add the peppers and onions to the blender and process until smooth, scraping
down sides of container as necessary.
- Return sauce to saucepan and cook over low heat until heated through (DO
- Serve over grilled chicken; garnish with parsley.
Yield: 4 servings