Grilled Chicken with Butter, Brown Sugar and Rosemary Baste
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Chicken: Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Place them on a tray
or platter and season with salt and pepper.
- Baste: In a small saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar over low heat
until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the rosemary and balsamic
vinegar. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Brush the chicken pieces generously with the baste.
- Grill covered, skin-side down, over medium-high heat on a gas grill or medium-hot
charcoals. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the skins are lightly browned. Baste
and turn the chicken pieces over. Continue cooking the chicken over indirect
heat, basting and turning occasionally until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes
for wings and breasts, and 30 to 35 minutes for legs and thighs.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Option: Baste and grill boneless pork loin chops over medium-high heat on a gas
grill, or medium-hot charcoals for 3 to 5 minutes each side.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes