Grilled Chicken and Chorizo Skewers
- 2 ounces chicken tenderloins, cut into 4 pieces or pieces of boneless, skinless
- 3/4 ounce chorizo sausage cut into "half moons" resulting in three
1/4 ounce pieces
- 4 (1 inch square) red bell pepper pieces (optional: sauté in a little olive
oil to soften)
- 4 (1 inch square) yellow bell pepper pieces (optional: sauté in a little
olive oil to soften)
- 4 (1 inch square) Spanish onion pieces (optional: saute in a little olive
oil to soften)
- Approximately 8-inch bamboo skewer (soaked in cold water ahead of time)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to brush before grilling
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Aioli (recipe follows)
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin powder (or to taste)
- Skewers: Assemble the skewers alternating ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush with olive oil and grill until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with Cumin Aioli.
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish.
- Cumin Aioli: Mix all together.
- Chill at least 1/2 hour to let flavors develop.
Makes 1 skewer; multiply by number of servings desired.
Recipe credit: National Chicken Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes