Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large thin slices baked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- Butterfly each chicken breast by halving it horizontally, but leaving one
side attached, so that it opens into a large thin cutlet.
- Whisk together the mustard, oil, lemon vinegar and thyme.
- On a plate coat the chicken with the marinade, stacking the breasts as they
- Cover the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
to 3 hours.
- Discard the marinade and grill the opened chicken breasts over hot coals
for 5 minutes.
- Turn and top each with a slice of ham and Swiss.
- Cook another 5 minutes.