Grilled Chicken and Peach Kabobs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 16 cremini mushrooms
- 3 ripe peaches, cut into eighths (may use frozen if fresh not available)
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarse grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- If using wooden skewers, place in water and soak for at least one hour.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch dice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, and
- Slowly whisk in olive oil to combine.
- Thread chicken, zucchini rounds, mushrooms, and peach slices onto skewers,
alternating ingredients. Be sure to leave enough space at bottom of skewer to
hold and turn.
- Place skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan or baking dish and pour marinade
over, turning skewers to distribute marinade. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum
foil and refrigerate.
- Marinate, turning skewers occasionally, for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat grill on high heat.
- Place skewers on grill and cook, turning, for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition information per serving: 290 calories; 8 g fat; 1.5 g saturated
fat; 16 g carbohydrate; 12 g sugars; 38 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes