Grilled Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 avocados, diced or mashed, or 1 package vacuum packed guacamole
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In large glass baking dish, place chicken in single layer.
- Add lime juice, olive oil and salt; turn several times to coat well.
- In medium-size serving bowl, combine avocados or guacamole, tomato, red
onion and salt; mix thoroughly together.
- Add cilantro and stir. Set aside.
- Prepare coals or preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and cook about 3 – 4 minutes per side, until
they start to brown in the middle and are no longer pink in the thickest part
of the breast.
- Remove from heat, slice into strips and serve topped with avocado salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes