Grilled Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Grilled chicken that’s good enough for a backyard cookout party. Cut out a pocket
in the chicken breast to stuff with fresh mozzarella cheese and roasted peppers.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, (about 2 pounds), tenders removed
- 3/4 cup Lawry's® Mediterranean Herb & White Wine Marinade with Lemon
Juice & Garlic, divided
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained
- Cut a wide pocket in each chicken breast half, taking care to not cut through
back or sides of chicken.
- Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.
- Add 1/2 cup of the marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Stuff each pocket with 1 slice of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of the roasted
peppers. Press chicken lightly to seal.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through,
turning carefully with spatula.
- Brush chicken with remaining 1/4 cup marinade.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 303 Cholesterol: 132mg
Sodium: 706mg Protein: 45g Total Fat: 11g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 6g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick