Grilled Orange Chicken
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 (8 ounce size) whole, boned, skinned chicken breasts, split
- In shallow, nonreactive container, combine onion, garlic, orange rind, orange
juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and Dijon mustard. Mix well.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to grill, preferably
overnight. Turn once or twice during marinating time to permit flavors to penetrate
- Prepare grill and heat well until glowing coals form. If grilling indoors,
- Place drained chicken on lightly oiled grill, grilling about 7 minutes per
side until lightly charred and cooked through. If using broiler, place chicken
on oiled broiler rack and broil 7 minutes per side, 4 inches from heating element.
To test for doneness, pierce chicken at thickest point. When juices run clear,
chicken is done.
Makes 6 servings
Variation: Before grilling, wrap a strip of bacon lengthwise around each boneless
skinned chicken breast, grilling for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, turning several
times during cooking time.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes