Grilled Pineapple-Chicken Kabob Packets
Bell peppers and other sweet-and-sour ingredients add incredible flavor to chicken
when steamed together on the grill inside no-fuss foil packets. This new twist takes
the work out of kabobs. Instead of skewering the vegetables and meat and brushing
with the glaze, they are combined in a simple packet and grilled.
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes (1 pound)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, stir together pineapple preserves, brown sugar, soy sauce
and crushed red pepper.
- Cut 4 (24x12-inch) sheets of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil.
- Divide chicken, bell peppers, pineapple chunks and pineapple preserves mixture
among foil sheets.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch
fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other
sides to seal.
- Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 6 minutes.
- Using tongs, carefully turn packets over, taking care not to puncture foil.
Cook for 10 to 12 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center
and vegetables are crisp-tender.
prep time 20 min | total time 40 min | servings 4
Substitute your favorite preserves for the pineapple variety in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 300 Calories from Fat 35
Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 450mg Total Carbohydrate
38g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 31g Protein 26g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 60% Calcium 4% Iron 8%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury