Grilled Taco Chicken 2
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can Spanish-style tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can taco sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Sauce: In a small saucepan mix together onion, tomato sauce, taco sauce,
molasses, vinegar, oil, salt, oregano and pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Remove
from heat and cool 2 minutes.
- Lay out chicken parts in baking dish and bake in 350 degree F oven for 40
minutes. Cool them a bit and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour or, better, overnight.
- When ready to grill, drain excess sauce and reserve.
- Place chicken on prepared grill, skin side up, about 8 inches from heat.
- Grill, turning a few times, for about 20 minutes or until fork can be inserted
with ease. Brush generously with reserved sauce during 20 minutes of grilling.
- When chicken is done, place on platter, top with remaining sauce and sprinkle
with cheese if you like.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes