Grilled Buffalo Chicken Strips
Boneless chicken strips—seasoned with cayenne pepper—make for easy eating.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup original cayenne pepper sauce or red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 pound) package chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- In medium bowl, mix butter, pepper sauce, honey, celery seed and salt. Remove
2 tablespoons sauce mixture; set aside.
- Add chicken to remaining sauce mixture; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate
at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak ten 10- to 12-inch wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread each chicken tender
on a skewer.
- Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once and
brushing frequently with reserved sauce mixture, until no longer pink in center.
Discard any remaining sauce mixture.
- Serve chicken with blue cheese dressing.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using so they
don’t char during grilling.
Prep Time: 30 Min | Total Time: 1 Hr | Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 140 (Calories from
Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium
270mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 11g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 2.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury