Honey Jalapeño Chicken with Tomato Olivada
- 1/2 red jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Watercress sprigs, for garnish
- In a blender, puree jalapeño with 2 tablespoons honey and 1/8 teaspoon
- Rub chicken with mixture; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Tomato Olivada: In a small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons honey and 1/8
teaspoon salt with tomato, onion, green pepper, olives, vinegar and olive oil.
- Grill chicken over medium coals, cooking and turning until skin is browned
and crisp and juices run clear.
- Serve Tomato Olivada alongside chicken and garnish with watercress sprigs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 264; Total
Fat : 9 g; Protein: 24 g; Cholesterol: 63 mg; Carbohydrates: 23 g; Sodium: 387 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes