Mango Beer Can Chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) can pale lager beer
- 1/2 cup mango flavored sauce and marinade
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (4 pound) roaster chicken
- Heat grill.
- Remove top of beer can, reserving 1/4 cup beer.
- In bowl, combine reserved beer, mango sauce, cilantro and pepper flakes.
- Season chicken cavity with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Set chicken upright over beer can.
- Place chicken on grill rack set over an 8-inch baking pan.
- Brush chicken with mango-beer mixture.
- Place chicken on grill; close cover. Grill 1 hour 30 minutes or until a
thermometer registers 180 degrees F, basting often with marinade.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then remove beer can from chicken.
- Slice and serve.