Margarita Chicken Breasts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a nonreactive dish.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the chicken, and refrigerate it 8 hours or overnight. Turn it at least
- Fire up enough charcoal to form a single layer of coals beneath the breasts,
and heat the coals until they are covered with gray ash.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade in a small saucepan.
- Cook the chicken, uncovered, over medium-hot coals until it is cooked through,
basting it with some of the marinade.
- Let the chicken sit for 5 to 10 minutes after it cooks.
- Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to a boil, and boil it for at least
4 minutes, reducing the liquid slightly. Taste it, and adjust the seasoning.
- Cut each chicken breast into thin slices, arrange them on a platter or individual
plates, and top them with the sauce made from the marinade.
- Serve the breasts hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes