Mexican Grilled Chicken
- 1 package chili seasoning mix or taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- Combine all ingredients except chicken, mixing well.
- Add chicken pieces; cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 or 3 hours, turning
- Grill chicken over medium coals, turning and basting with marinating sauce
frequently. Cook 45 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, heat remaining marinating sauce in heatproof pan
on back of grill.
- Serve hot sauce with grilled chicken.