Roast Turkey on a Barbecue
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- Prepare and stuff turkey as for roasting.
- Prepare fire on covered grill, and use indirect heat with pan under bird
and coals on either side. Use thermometer to keep heat between 325 degrees F
and 400 degrees F. Add charcoal periodically to keep heat up.
- Rub turkey with peanut oil and place directly on grill. Baste frequently
with the following sauce recipe. If the turkey is over 10 pounds, double the
- Simmer all of the above ingredients in a saucepan for 15 minutes.
10 pound turkey - 25 minutes per pound
10 to 15 pound turkey - 22 minutes per pound
15 pound or over turkey - 18 minutes per pound
For best results, use heat thermometer in turkey thigh for testing doneness.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes