Roast Turkey on a Barbecue
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- Prepare and stuff turkey as for roasting.
- Prepare fire on covered grill, and use indirect heat with pan under bird
and coals on either side. Use thermometer to keep heat between 325 degrees F
and 400 degrees F. Add charcoal periodically to keep heat up.
- Rub turkey with peanut oil and place directly on grill. Baste frequently
with the following sauce recipe. If the turkey is over 10 pounds, double the
- Simmer all of the above ingredients in a saucepan for 15 minutes.
10 pound turkey - 25 minutes per pound
10 to 15 pound turkey - 22 minutes per pound
15 pound or over turkey - 18 minutes per pound
For best results, use heat thermometer in turkey thigh for testing doneness.