Ruby-Glazed Chicken Breasts
These chicken breasts have such a rich flavor from the currant and apple glaze
that you would never guess they are low in fat—only 3 grams per serving.
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 6 chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 pounds total)
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine apple juice, jelly, cornstarch, and
salt. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in marjoram.
- Skin chicken. Grill chicken, bone side up, on an uncovered grill directly
over medium coals for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and brush with sauce; grill for 20 to 30 minutes more or until
chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Brush with additional sauce before serving.
To grill by indirect heat: Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered
grill. Test for medium heat above pan. Place chicken, bone side down, on grill over
drip pan. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and no
longer pink, brushing occasionally with sauce during the last 20 minutes of grilling.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes