Slow & Low Tennessee Smokehouse BBQ Chicken
This seasoning rub for cooking chicken slow and low on the grill features
herbs, spices, sugar, smoke and a hint of whiskey.
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Slow & Low Tennessee Smokehouse
- 1 whole chicken, (about 5 pounds)
- Rub Seasoning evenly over entire chicken and under skin of breast. Place
chicken in pan. Cover with foil or plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2
hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium heat (350 degrees F to 375 degrees
F). Heat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one
side of grill. Remove chicken from pan.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on unlit side of grill. Close lid.
- Cook chicken about 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature
reaches 165 degrees F in the thigh).
Prep Time: 2 hrs 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Serves: 12
To maintain medium heat (350 degrees F to 375 degrees F), keep lid closed
and adjust lit burner as necessary. Directions were developed using a gas grill.
Grills vary; cooking time is approximate.
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick.