As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 bag hickory chips
- 10 pounds charcoal
- 6 whole chickens
- Soak hickory chips in water overnight.
- Place charcoal in bottom of smoker.
- Start fire and let burn 30 minutes. Coals will be glowing, but not flaming.
- Remove hickory chips; save water. Place soaked chips directly on hot
- Fill water pan with hickory water. Add more water until pan is filled.
- Place 3 chickens on each rack. Outside temperature will determine the
length of time to cook. Very cold winter nights will require about 5 hours.
Warmer weather will take less time, about 4 hours.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Chicken and Turkey Recipes