Tropical Chicken Kabobs
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 chicken breast halves*
- 12 pearl onions, peeled
- Large green pepper**
- Papaya, peeled**
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
* 4 ounces each, skinned, boned, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
** seeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, and honey in a shallow dish.
- Add chicken; toss gently.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Alternate chicken, onion, pepper, papaya, and pineapple on 6 (12-inch)
- Coat grill rack with Pam; place rack on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place kabobs on rack, and cook 15 to 20 minutes or till done, turning
and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Per serving: 222 calories, 26.6 g protein, 5.7 g fat, 16.4 g carbohydrates,
70 g cholesterol, 1.5 mg iron, 66 mg sodium, 36 mg calcium
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.